Apple Airpods Delayed Indefinitely Beyond Original “Late October” window
- Apple has confirmed that the new $180 USD AirPods have swept the “late October” date off the table
- Apple told the media that the company “needs a little more time before AirPods are ready for customers”
- They declined to offer an estimate or release window information about when to expect the AirPods official launch
Apple’s new wireless $180 AirPods (wireless earphones), will not be shipping to consumers, or available in stores. The company says that the product is not ready, and don’t know when it will be ready. As a result, the product is on hold indefinitely. More information is not available, but you can see the “Coming soon” status on Apple’s official AirPods Page.
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”12025595″]
Cost: AirPods Au $229.00
Wireless. Effortless. Magical.
AirPods will forever change the way you use headphones. Whenever you pull your AirPods out of the charging case, they instantly turn on and connect to your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac.(1) Audio automatically plays as soon as you put them in your ears and pauses when you take them out. To adjust the volume, change the song, make a call, or even get directions, just double-tap to activate Siri.
Driven by the custom Apple W1 chip, AirPods use optical sensors and a motion accelerometer to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one, the W1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out background noise and focus on the sound of your voice. Because the ultralow-power W1 chip manages battery life so well, AirPods deliver an industry-leading 5 hours of listening time on one charge. And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time. Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time.
- Designed by Apple
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- One-tap setup for all your Apple devices(1)
- Quick access to Siri with a double-tap
- More than 24-hour battery life with Charging Case(3)
- Charges quickly in the case
- Rich, high-quality audio and voice
- Seamless switching between devices
- AirPods (each): 0.14 ounces (4 g)
- Charging Case: 1.34 ounces (38 g)
- AirPods (each): 0.65 by 0.71 by 1.59 inches (16.5 by 18.0 by 40.5 mm)
- Charging Case: 1.74 by 0.84 by 2.11 inches (44.3 by 21.3 by 53.5 mm)
- AirPods: Bluetooth
- Charging Case: Lightning connector
AirPods Sensors (each):
- Dual beam-forming microphones
- Dual optical sensors
- Motion-detecting accelerometer
- Speech-detecting accelerometer
Power and Battery
- AirPods with Charging Case: More than 24 hours listening time,(3) up to 11 hours talk time(6)
- AirPods (single charge): Up to 5 hours listening time,(2) Up to 2 hours talk time(5)
- 15 minutes in the case equals 3 hours listening time(4) or over an hour of talk time(7)
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models with iOS 10 or later
- Apple Watch models with watchOS 3 or later
- Mac models with macOS Sierra or later
To learn more about Apple Product launch dates, Contact us.