Making a smart purchasing decision when it comes to cloud computing for Brisbane Business is made complicated by the millions of cloud based business tools available, achieving digital enlightenment (truly understanding your strategic cloud requirements) should be the first step, followed by a conversation with a cloud business professional.
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”12025595″]
Top 5 advantages of Cloud Computing
- Pay only for what you use
- Easy fast deployment to users
- Monthly payment plans
- Encourages standard systems
- Requires less in-house staff
For business there is a variety of cloud options available depending on your requirements, data sensitivity and redundancy…
The different flavours of cloud…
- Private – Resource dedicated to one customer
- Public – Resources shared by multiple customers
- Hybrid – A customisable combination of shared and dedicated resources
- Community – Dedicated resource for a group of customers
Breaking cloud computing down to a fundamental level – there is the Data Storage component and the Productivity Tools…
Cloud Computing is so much more than just data storage
There is no doubt the ability to access and share files remotely is a huge benefit to business, however the real productivity gains come from what you can do with your data, that is where SaaS or Software as a Service and Applications come into play, enabling business to ‘do’ business.
Popular Business Cloud Apps
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Accounting Software
- Project Marketing Software
- Marketing Automation
- Billing and Invoices
- Collaboration Software
- Web Hosting
- HR Software
Significant benefit of Cloud Based business apps…
Globalize your workforce on the cheap. People worldwide can access the cloud, provided they have an Internet connection.
Streamline processes. Get more work done in less time with less people.
Improve accessibility. You have access anytime, anywhere, making your life so much easier!
Monitor projects more effectively. Stay within budget and ahead of completion cycle times.
Less personnel training is needed. It takes fewer people to do more work on a cloud, with a minimal learning curve on hardware and software issues.
Minimize licensing new software. Stretch and grow without the need to buy expensive software licenses or programs.
The combination of Data Storage and Cloud Based Apps delivers Business Continuity
Whether you experience a natural disaster, power failure, lost devices, staff turnover or another crisis, having your data stored in the cloud ensures it is backed up and protected in a secure and safe location. Being able to access your data again as quickly as locating an appropriate device and syncing allows you to conduct business as usual, minimising any downtime and loss of productivity and getting new team members up and running almost instantly.
With all the benefits, businesses are still resisting the move to cloud services
Top 6 Reasons Businesses are Resisting Cloud Computing
- Fear of the unknown
- Loss of operational control
- Organisation resistance
- Reliability of technology
- Lack of knowledge
- Reluctance to change
If you are reading this article you are taking a step toward digital enlightenment, and are a step closer to the REAL benefits that other businesses (potentially your competitors) are already experiencing…
The top reasons businesses adopted cloud computing was MOBILITY followed by COST!
The REAL benefits businesses are experiencing
- 82% of companies began to see the benefits of moving to the cloud within six months of adoption
- Mobile Access is the Biggest Reason for Corporate Cloud Adoption – 41% of companies that have adopted cloud around the world did so in order to enable access to information from any device
- 88% of companies saw improvement in their IT departments since adoption of cloud
- 48% of companies saw improvement in data centre efficiency and utilisation
- Little resistance to cloud adoption as 56% of companies say that no one in the company resisted the move to the cloud
Key findings from 500 Australian based companies (Source: CSC Cloud Index Report)
Globally nearly all businesses boast improvements in IT performance after cloud adoption.
- 93 percent of all organizations saw at least one area of improvement in their IT department since adopting cloud.
- 52 percent reported increased data centre efficiency and utilization
- 47 percent of companies said they witnessed lower operating costs after cloud adoption.
- 80 percent experienced improvements within six months of moving to the cloud.
Has your business reached Digital Enlightenment?
Is your business ready for the digital economy?
Do you have a cloud strategy in place? Or more importantly, do you have a digital strategy?
Keeping up with digital technologies and incorporating them into your day-to-day business is essential if you want to remain competitive in an increasingly digital marketplace.
As technology adoption rises across Australia, customer expectations of your business will increase. Your customers will demand high-quality communication through the internet and social media. Customers will also expect engaging content and online experiences, as well as innovative, mobile commerce tools and applications.