How do you market your business? Are you taking advantage of every opportunity to inform your clients and prospects of your services, USPs, achievements, promotions? There is a difference between putting your customers on hold vs. placing them on hold and providing them with useful information.
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”12025595″]
- 70% of business callers are put on hold.
- 60% of business callers that are placed on hold HANG-UP.
- 30% of these callers DON’T CALL BACK!
Considering the majority of advertising budgets for business is focus on getting the phones to ring, what are you doing to keep them on the line?
- Callers with SILENCE-ON-HOLD will abandon their calls in less than 60 seconds, and 90% hang-up within 40 seconds.
- Callers with MUSIC-ON-HOLD will stay on the line 30 seconds longer than silence.
- Callers with INFORMATION-ON-HOLD will stay on the line for up to 3 minutes longer.
With an average of 70% of all calls placed on hold, if someone has taken the time to contact your business you can’t afford to leave them hanging.
A Marketing Opportunity is Presented
A simple way to keep customers engaged when on-hold, and increase sales, is to provide useful information about your business.
Your business can use on-hold advertising to…
- Promote your social media presence
- Cross sell profitable products
- Promote new products or services
- Deliver your unique service proposition
- Tell your customer why you are different
- Reinforce newsletters and other marketing material
- Tell customers about your latest news
- Boost your brand identity
- Drive traffic to your web site or on-line store
On-hold advertising provides a very inexpensive and automated method for marketing your business.
First impressions count, as does every interaction
What first impression are you providing to new and existing customers? Delivering a professional blend of music and message demonstrates a level of professionalism that will set you apart from your competitors and for small business, make your company sound like a large corporation.
Where to start?
We have implemented on-hold advertising for many Brisbane business clients, along with providing qualified marketing advise to ensure our clients businesses are growing.